Sardine is one of the most nutritious fish. It is worth enjoying it marinated!
- Begin by asking the fishmonger to fillet the sardines for you, otherwise, clean them by removing the entrails, and heads, and giving them a thorough wash.
- Wash the sardines’ fillets with cold water, strain them, and let them dry.
- Place them in layers next to each other in a bowl, cover them with salt, and let them sit for 24 hours.
- Then, drain the liquid that the sardines have released but leave the salt on them.
- Layer the sardines again, this time covering them with the vinegar, and let them sit for another day.
- The following day, remove the vinegar and carefully clean each sardine fillet, removing the backbone.
- Place the cleaned sardines in a glass jar and cover them with olive oil.
- Serve them drizzled with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon.